Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Educational Technology Organizations

The first organization I chose was Instructional Technology Council because they focus on being advance leaders in distance education.  ITC’s mission is to provide exceptional leadership and professional development to e-learning experts through advocating, collaborating, research, and sharing innovations in learning technologies.  ITC also stays present with federal legislation that relates to distance learning, organizes professional development meetings, supports research, and provides members a forum to share their expertise and instructional resources. 

I selected ITC because I am a supporter of online learning and would like to become an online instructor.  Therefore I feel as though ITC could provide some very good insight and changes to instructors of online learning.  Another aspect about ITC that attracted my attention was the live webinars which are provided for training, which cuts down on travel and cost.  I am a huge fan of online learner and a proven example it is more motivating then face to face classes, therefore I chose to teach and learn both online.


            The second organization that appealed to me was Educause, because of their mission to advance higher education by promoting the use of information technology.  The mission of Educause also includes professional development, applied research, policy advocating, teaching and learning, online information, publications, special interest communities, leadership training, and innovation. 

            One of the reasons I was led to Educause is because I tend to focus more on higher education organizations since receiving a master’s degree in higher education learning.  I tend to focus more of my attention and need on ways to integrate technology into higher education.  I believe a positive way to gain information and learn new ways of teaching is to collaborate with other educators in similar disciplines.  With Educause membership there are benefits of being able to join communities that are available for new ideas and concepts in teaching students using technology. 


No comments:

Post a Comment