Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Stephen Downes' article

I agree with Downes’ article on several things he mentions about ways blogging can be used however I do not think enough people are on board using them yet.  Things that really stuck out to me in the article were when Downes’ talked about a blog as a way to publish to the entire world, often we do not think of blogs in that expansion although they are.  Blogging is also a way for people to exchange their views with others not associated in our “immediate environment”.  I like the way the article described blogging as “personal publishing”, because so often individuals want to write but they do not have an audience however with blogging the audience is broad and large. 

I do not think we have met our potential with blogging due to the idea most people have about it, although most of the time when we do internet searchers it will take us to blogs.  I believe in order to meet this potential it can start with teachers, trainers, and educators showing individuals how much of an impact blogging can have on their writing by reflecting on the comments made.  I think the only thing preventing us from reaching the potential of more blogging users is individuals perceiving it more as a journal rather than an interaction with others.  With time I do think blogging is going to become more and more popular and a tool used to expand knowledge.    

No comments:

Post a Comment